The Bells of Casimir ring with century old cast bronze bells and a modern carillon system filling the Cambria City Historic District with song, while tolling the passing of time.
From celebrations and events to festivals and every day moments, the Bells of Casimir have become a beloved piece of the fabric that makes the Historic District special and unique.
Every day at Noon and at 6 o’clock in the evening, the bells will toll the hour, ring a 3 Bell Peal and then play 3 songs reflecting the season, a special holiday, event or celebration.
MEMORIAL BELL RINGING
We are proud to offer individuals and families the opportunity to memorialize a bell ringing for a loved one or in honor of a family.
- Each memorial will be either the Noon or 6 o’clock bell ringing on day of your choice.
- It will consist of the hour tolling, a 3 Bell Peal and 3 songs that can be either selected by Stella due to the current season/event, by selecting a theme (Ethnic, Patriotic, Religious) or requesting specific songs. Click HERE to see our song list.
- *Individual songs can be requested, as the music of the carillon can be customized for any occasion.
- The name will be placed on a plaque inside the Cultural Center.
- The purchaser will receive a certificate commemorating the memorial.
- The memorial is PERPETUAL. Every year on the day of your choice, the bells will ring in honor of your loved one(s) or your family.
- To request a memorial, complete the Bell Memorial Request Form. A Stella Staff member will contact you shortly after you submit the form to confirm your request.
*A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Friends of Cambria City, an organization dedicated to the beautification and preservation of the Cambria City Historic District.
Current Memorials (updated daily)
January 1 – Noon: Michael Joseph Ketchessin; 6pm: Horace and Merlie Pysher
January 19 – Noon: Honor of Stella (Campagna) Ketchessin
January 21 – Clara Pearce
February 1 – Noon: Founders, Members, and Pastors of St. Brigid Roman Catholic Church, Lilly
February 14 – Noon: Jesse and Alice Wright
Febraury 24 – Noon (TBA)
March 4 – Noon: Founders, Members and Pastors of St. Casimir Polish Roman Catholic Church
March 19 – Noon: Antonio and Giuseppina Corvino
May 2 – Noon: Sister Agnese Mikolaj, RSM
May 5 – 6pm: Walter and Ann Cwik
May 12 – Noon: Stanley and Helen Pilot
May 24 – Noon: Michelle Jacmenovic
May 31 – 4:07pm: Victims of the 1889 Johnstown Flood
June 1 – Noon: Jozef and Marija (Pylyp) Tkaczyszyn
June 4 – 6pm: Stanley and Dolores Shostek
June 9 – 6pm: Founders, Members and Pastors of St. Columba Irish Roman Catholic Church, Cambria City
June 11 – 6pm: Walter and Josephine Ludwig and Family
July 4 – Noon: 2nd IBCT 28th ID Fallen Warriors
July 16 – Noon: Carlo and Maria Grazia Campagna
August 5 – Noon: The Pilot Family; 6pm: Frank and Mary Slezak
August 18 – Rudolph “Vince” Janisko
August 22 – 6pm: Chester and Sophia Barzeski
Aug 26 – 6pm: Bill and Clara Smedo
September 9 – Noon: Ronald D. Ballow
September 16 – Noon: Jeremy Biter; 6pm: Bachovchin/Sax Family
September 18 – 6pm: Francis and Anna Slonka
September 25 – 6pm – Rose M. Popalis
October 21 – Noon (TBA)
November 3 – Noon: Honor of Michael and Stella Ketchessin
December 8 – Noon: Founders, Members and Pastors of Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary German Roman Catholic Church, Cambria City
December 11 – Noon: Margaret Mary Campagna
Listen to the Bells of Casimir
3 Bell Peal
The Sound of Music
How Great Thou Art