Emerich Place is a multi-functional, mixed-use space in the heart of the Cambria City Historic District.
Named in honor of the former St. Emerich’s Magyar (Hungarian) Roman Catholic Church that once stood on the block sharing space with the property, Emerich Place’s mission is rooted in maintaining the cultural and historical heritage of the Cambria City neighborhood while looking towards the future through renovating and repurposing existing structures.
Adding to the infrastructure of the neighborhood through additional business and tax revenue will only support the stability of Cambria City that already exists and help create interest for others to also make our neighborhood a place to live and work.
Benefits of Stella’s Investment for the Community
– Repurposing of existing structure and returning structure to taxable property.
– Preservation of original, pre-1889 Flood historic retail structure at 512 Chestnut Street.
– Addition of up to 4 new businesses and one greenspace/multipurpose lot (The Piazza Maria) to the neighborhood.
– Increased pedestrian traffic in the Historic District – supporting other businesses and creating positive economic growth.
– The support of the Arts through the contracting of Public Art to create murals on the structure and enhance the overall aesthetic of the Historic District.